Sometimes it is necessary to add a root certificate to the Domino JVM (Java Virtual Machine) keystore file. This can easily be done with the already installed tool “IBM Key Management”:
- Open a command prompt windows with administrator priviledges on the Domino server
- cd \(Domino-Program-Directory)\jvm\bin
- Click “Key Database File” and then “Open”. Select the file “cacerts” in the directory \(Domino-Program-Directory)\jvm\lib\security. You need to have “All files” selected to see it. The password to open the file is “changeit”.
- Change to “Signer Certificates”
- Click “Add” and browse to the root certificate you need to import. Click “OK” and enter any descriptive text for this certificate.
- Restart the Domino server.